Water-based Primer for Silicone Roofing Systems by National Coatings
National Coatings Corporation (NCC), expands its line of silicone roof coating products to now include a water based primer for silicone roofing systems.
Features of Roof Primer A504
- The Roof Primer A504 is a dark colored primer
- It dries quickly and accelerates the evaporation of morning condensation to reduce the time needed for topcoat application
- The low VOC primer has superior adhesion capabilities for silicone coatings
- It seals and conditions the roof to ensure proper application of a roof coating system while preventing asphaltic bleed through from occurring
1. PRODUCT NAME
Roof Primer A504
Water Based Primer for Use in Conjunction with a Silicone Roofing System
NATIONAL COATINGS CORPORATION
|1201 Calle Suerte Camarillo, CA 93012|
3. PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
Roof Primer A504 is a water based primer for use with Silicone Roofing Systems and performs well over a wide variety of roofing substrates. It is a dark color that dries quickly and accelerates the evaporation of morning condensation to reduce topcoat application time.
A504 is excellent for use over:
- Asphalt BUR
- Single Ply
- Mineral Cap Sheet
4. TECHNICAL DATA
See table below.
- May be applied by spray, brush, or roller.
- All surfaces must be clean, dry, and free of dirt, grease, oil, or other contaminants that would interfere with proper adhesion.
- Mix thoroughly before using.
- Apply at temperatures above 50ºF.
- Apply only when weather conditions will permit drying before rain, dew or freezing temperatures.
- Cool temperatures and high humidity retard cure.
- For application details see specific Installation Guide Specifications.
Store materials between 40ºF and 100ºF to prevent damage to products. Do not store at high temperatures or direct sunlight. Protect all materials from freezing during transit, handling, storage, and installation. Minimum one year shelf life if stored at 40°F-90°F.
7. AVAILABILITY AND COST
Roof Primer A504 may be purchased directly from National Coatings.
For information call 800-423-9557.
Various warranties are available for Roof Primer A504 when used with Silicone Roofing Systems installed by approved applicators.
Periodic maintenance of Roofing Systems containing Roof Primer A504 ensures extended performance and reduces life-cycle costs.
10. TECHNICAL SERVICES
Additional information, product brochures, and installation guide specifications are available.
11. FILING SERVICES
Additional product information is available from National Coatings Corporation.
|Properties||Test Method||Average Value|
|Theoretical Coverage||100-200 sq. ft/gal.|
|Solids by Volume (%)||Calculated by formula||44% (+/-2%)|
|Weight per Gallon (lbs.)||10.9 +/-2|
|Drying Time (hrs.)||2-8*|
|VOC||SCAQM’s 304-91 or EPA’s Method 24**||33.89 g/l|
**The above VOC is a calculated value based on the formula of the products and from the raw materials properties as declared in either or both of the TDS and SDS. Calculations were based on SCAQMD’s 304-91 or EPA’s Method 24.
*Drying time is dependent on temperature & humidity
This product is for industrial/commercial applications only. These suggestions and data are based on information we believe to be reliable. They are offered in good faith, but without guarantee, as conditions and methods of use are beyond our control.