Celanese Corporation (NYSE: CE), a global technology and specialty materials company, will present its Mowilith® brand of dispersions at the 2017 European Coatings Show (ECS), April 4-6 in Nürnberg, Germany (Hall A4, Booth 504).
Celanese will showcase to customers its advanced polymer dispersions portfolio and how this year’s theme – Formulating Your Vision with Our Expertise – can be translated into each customer’s product portfolio.
“Celanese offers a broad portfolio of emulsions products such as vinyl acetate ethylene (VAE), pure acrylics, styrene acrylic and vinyl acetate copolymer dispersions,” said Barry Daggs, vice president, Celanese emulsion polymers business. “Our polymers create unique value for our customers and are continuously optimized toward market trends and drivers, both from performance and regulatory requirements.”
For paints and coatings customers, Celanese VAE dispersions enable customers to achieve prime product performance in accordance with the latest trends for environmentally friendly paints and coatings solutions. Mowilith® VAE dispersions provide excellent application performance in combination with regulatory properties which follow the strictest demands of mandatory and non-mandatory regulations (e.g., EcoLabels) in the market. In addition to the impact on indoor air quality, interior paints must also fulfill certain application properties in order to meet the expectations of consumers. Celanese’s Mowilith® products help manufacturers meet these demanding customer requirements.
The Celanese VAE inclusion technology enables the formulation of low-VOC exterior façade paints and plasters by combining hard acrylic polymer domains and VAE polymer into one binder system.
Versatile high-gloss paints, lacquers and varnishes, and exterior paints that are produced with Celanese acrylic dispersions, will provide environmentally friendly coatings with good outdoor durability on a variety of substrates.
For adhesives customers, the Celanese technical team constantly strives to meet technical needs by developing new, efficient adhesives that comply with the latest regulatory requirements. Celanese dispersions for adhesives products are constantly optimized for adhesion capabilities on various substrates, trouble-free production and running time efficiency, while maintaining an optimized coat weight and reduced stoppage for cleanings. As a result, Celanese is offering high-performance dispersions for the adhesives market with low migration potential so they can serve as an excellent choice, even for use in food packaging.
At the European Coating Show, Celanese will highlight the following Mowilith® products:
Low-Emission Interior Paints
- Mowilith® LDM 1828: a VAE vinyl ester copolymer for interior paints free from preservatives. The dispersion shows good wet scrub resistance and excellent compatibility with silicate binders so that the dispersion is suitable for deep matte silicate interior paints.
- Mowilith® LDM 1852: the first heterogeneous VAE dispersion especially developed for low-emission satin paints. The binder offers optimized gloss and improved blocking for high binder containing paints in the medium PVC range.
Durable Exterior Coatings
- Mowilith® LDM 1865: a VAE dispersion based on Celanese’s inclusion technology designed for exterior coatings. Suggested applications include low-emission masonry paints, weather-protection wood paints and exterior plasters, including External Thermal Insulation Composites System (ETICS).
- Mowilith® LDM 7718: a new pure acrylic emulsion which provides excellent color retention in combination with organic pigments and low blanching under wet conditions in transparent formulations, especially for tinted paints and marble chip plasters.
Gloss Paints and Lacquers
- Mowilith® LDM 7510: a pure acrylic dispersion with optimized balance of anti-blocking and elasticity properties for high-gloss paints and lacquers formulated without coalescent agents. This combination creates a product suitable for low-emission paints and coatings for decorative applications in the professional and do-it-yourself (DIY) segment.
- Mowilith® LDL 2526 W: the latest addition to Celanese’s ready-for-use PVAc D3 portfolio. This latest development in Mowilith® LDL 2526 W also joins the other products in the range in fulfilling current market needs for reduced formaldehyde content.
- Mowilith® LDM 1390: this dispersion offers an outstanding adhesion profile enabling the formulation of adhesives for difficult-to-bond substrates without the need for additional plasticizers or tackifiers. Due to its stabilization system, Mowilith® LDM 1390 is fully compatible with the broader Celanese VAE portfolio.