Biocide-free paints are often called “breathable paints” thanks to their favorable vapor permeability and ability to create a healthy indoor climate. In addition, they are less allergenic as they do not contain preservatives such as isothiazolinones.
The main disadvantage of biocide-free paints is that they are difficult to formulate and apply using standard roller or brush methods due to their rheological behavior; the viscosity of the paint decreases as stress is applied, meaning the paint is thixotropic.
With the Dispersogen SP Plus you can overcome these challenges: the additive works both as a stabilizer and dispersant in your biocide-free paint formulations, and achieves application properties comparable to those of high PVC dispersion paints.
The additive’s performance benefits:
- lowers the yield point of the paint formulation and thereby contributes to a more fluid paint appearance
- achieves good leveling and surface performance
- improves the paint’s thixotropic profile. Thus, less efforts are required to homogenize the paint formulation.
- extends paints shelf life due to low impact on viscosity and pH during storage
- reduces formulation complexity due to its multifunctional profile (stabilizer & dispersant)
- increases formulation options as the paints rheology profile can be further adjusted post-production by using additional rheology additives
The additive’s sustainability benefits:
- VOC-free (ISO 11890-2)
- SVOC-free (ISO 16000-9)
- Hazard label free
- Free of alkylphenol ethoxylates
- Suitable for ecolabels such as European Ecoflower, German Blue Angel or Scandinavian Nordic Swan.
PCE NEEDS YOU
PCE needs your support to continue activities and to improve services. Therefore, please finance PCE by paying your participation to PayPal account below. It is not necessary to be registered on PayPal to use this service. Thanks in advance!