PPG (NYSE: PPG) today announced that it held its second annual Innovation Summit in Montreux, Switzerland, on Aug. 29 to highlight its latest innovations that are advancing coatings technology around the world.
The 2019 Innovation Summit showcased advancements in three key areas – sustainability, productivity and mobility – in the automotive, marine, packaging, architectural and other industries. These areas are the focus of PPG’s “Paints with Purpose” campaign, which is designed to highlight applications of next-generation paint and coatings technologies. These include paints that can cool asphalt temperature on a hot day to protect pets’ paws; coatings that can absorb sound or help reduce pollution; and paint that helps self-driving cars see the surrounding infrastructure.
Recent PPG innovations highlighted during the summit include:
- PPG MOONWALK™ automated paint mixing system, which offers leading body shops cutting-edge refinish paint mixing technology. This new industry standard replaces manual mixing processes with a more efficient, easy-to-use, automated mixing system that helps eliminate waste and mess, maximizes accuracy, automates the process and generates profit for customers.
- PPG SEIGNEURIE™ Phylopur paint, which is a new interior wall paint based on a 97% bio-based resin produced from plants and industrial by-products. The paint offers undercoat, matt and velvet finishes that preserve the environment while performing like traditional paint.
- PPG RAPID PERFORMANCE CLEARCOAT, which enables bodyshops to work faster, reduce cycle times and process a higher volume of repairs. The coating helps improve productivity and delivers significant energy savings.
- SIGMA™ Perfect paint by PPG, which features a streak-free formula. This innovative premium matt wall paint ensures a smooth finish due to PPG’s Smooth Layer Technology, which eliminates visible application marks that are often highlighted by critical lighting.
- PPG RAYCRON™ ultraviolet (UV) coatings, which are designed for flat panels and flooring. This UV and electron beam coating combines productivity with extra-low volatile organic compound (VOC) emissions, giving architects and designers increased possibilities and outstanding finish quality for substrate applications.
- Advanced coatings that enhance and enable autonomous vehicle sensor detection of other vehicles and oncoming obstacles. These include coatings that improve dark vehicle color detection by LiDAR and radar systems and easy-clean composite coatings that help keep sensors and lenses clear in adverse weather conditions.
- PPG SIGMAGLIDE™ Foil, which is an eco-friendly, 100% biocide-free fouling release foil that helps to reduce drag on ship hulls by up to 10% in comparison to other technologies. The foil enables PPG and its partners to deliver an easy-to-apply fouling release solution that exceeds currently available technology.
More than 160 customers attended the summit, which included presentations from PPG experts on trends and customer priorities. It was held in conjunction with the PPG-sponsored Omega European Masters golf competition in Crans-Montana, Switzerland.
Please click the share buttons below and make a comment.