Arkema Inc. will showcase the Company’s wide range of products and technologies for paint and coating formulators at the 2019 Western Coatings Show and Symposium (WCS), to be held October 20-23 at the Paris Las Vegas Hotel and Convention Center in Las Vegas, Nevada (Tabletop # 508).
Additionally, Richard Jenkins, the global group president for the Coating Resins business at Arkema, will be presenting a keynote address on the second day of the event:
- “Innovation in Relationships Between Coatings Companies, Suppliers and Co-Suppliers,” October 22 at 8:45 in Champagne 3/4
Jenkins will discuss how traditional relationships between companies are evolving from a classical buy-sell model across a firewall towards collaborative problem-solving by knowledgeable experts in real time.
“A strong product portfolio is critical to a company’s success, but we believe it is our strategic relationships with our customers that help us stay ahead of their needs and get new products and technologies to market more efficiently,” explained Eric Dumain, global marketing director for Coating Resins at Arkema. “At the Western Coatings Show, we want to showcase all of our strengths and meet with others to reinforce existing relationships and build new ones to better meet the needs of the industry.”
Arkema will be showcasing two products at the show that exemplify ongoing innovation:
- Encor® 601 latex for use in low VOC masonry coating applications. When properly formulated, this resin provides outstanding resistance to surfactant leaching, which helps reduce the likelihood of stain formation and other undesired effects in a finished coating.
- Vikoflex® 2200 bio-based coalescent for waterborne architectural and industrial coatings. It promotes excellent film formation at low temperatures, good gloss development, and other film properties such as block, scrub resistance and wet adhesion.
Multiple business units within Arkema serve the global coatings market and will be represented at the Western Coatings Show. Those attending include:
- Coating Resins, which produces a complete range of solutions based on aqueous polymer emulsions, opacifiers, aqueous or solvent-based alkyds and acrylics, oil free polyester resins, polyester polyols, powder polyester resins, and additives for solvent-based systems.
- Coatex® Rheology Modifiers, a global designer and producer of rheological solutions for aqueous formulations and waterborne processes.
- Sartomer® Photocure Resins, a leading global supplier of acrylate/methacrylate monomers, oligomers and other specialty chemicals.
- Oxygenes and Derivatives, a leading manufacturer of epoxidized vegetable oils, epoxidized olefins and specialty products.
Arkema will also be presenting two technical papers at the Western Coatings Show:
- “Non-Isocyanate Crosslinking Approaches for PVDF Topcoats,” by Kurt Wood, Monday, October 21 at 9:40am in Champagne 3/4
- “Balancing Performance in Interior Waterborne Coatings,” by Jeremy Grove, Ph.D, Monday, October 21 at 4:00pm in Champagne 1
PCE NEEDS YOU
PCE needs your support to continue activities and to improve services. Therefore, please finance PCE by paying your participation to PayPal account below. It is not necessary to be registered on PayPal to use this service. Thanks in advance!
Note to readers:
Please click the share buttons below and make a comment.