Sun Chemical released its 2018 Corporate Sustainability Report, which focuses on how its commitment to sustainbility has led to new products and services that help customers improve their eco-efficiency goals.
The 2018 report shows that Sun Chemical achieved its recent energy and water usage goals and highlights various initiatives that Sun Chemical has implemented to increase its overall commitment to developing sustainable solutions for customers, such as:
- a long-term strategic target to reduce CO2 levels by at least 30 percent by 2030
- the reduction of water usage beyond the 32 percent achieved in 2018
- the identification of areas to improve in driving innovation of sustainable procurements, as highlighted by EcoVadis, a leading provider of business sustainability ratings
- its connection to CEFLEX to promote a circular economy for flexible packaging
- greater levels of bio-renewable content in Sun Chemical products
“Brand owners know that sustainability is critically important to today’s consumers,” said Gary Andrzejewski, Corporate Vice President, Environmental Affairs, Sun Chemical. “Consumers want brands to partner with suppliers and companies that are equally focused on eco-efficiency in their products during all stages of production, from manufacturing to distribution. Sun Chemical is committed to ensuring the sustainability of its own products by increasing bio-renewable content in our products, improving plant recyclability, and reducing waste.”
“We’re proud of the progress we’ve achieved as a company toward our sustainability goals, but as the industry leaders, we’re determined to push ourselves further,” said Michael Simoni, Global Product Stewardship Leader, Sun Chemical.. “Developing, manufacturing and distributing sustainable products helps Sun Chemical uphold its reputation for quality, service and innovation while increasing the use of bio-renewable and recyclable materials for our customers.”
The Sun Chemical sustainability report also highlights its policy on good manufacturing practices (GMP) that focuses on contamination control and hygiene management for products such as inks for food packaging, pharmaceutical packaging, cosmetics, and hygiene applications. The GMP policies not only limits contamination risk, but also ensures less waste in facilities.
The Sun Chemical sustainability report is available to customers and can be requested online at www.sunchemical.com/sustainability.
Source: Sun Chemical
Note to readers:
- Please follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter and subscribe to our website and receive notifications of new posts by email.
- Please click the share buttons below and make a comment.