Please find below a message from Solvay on the measures are taking regarding Covid-19.
“As the impact of COVID-19 escalates around the world, Solvay continues to receive questions from media, customers and other stakeholders on how this affects our Group and what measures we are taking to adapt to this rapidly-evolving situation.
At Solvay, the health and safety of our employees come first. Therefore, Solvay has put in place dedicated global and country teams responsible for assessing and implementing government measures, recommendations and guidelines to best protect our employees and the local communities where we operate, and ensure reasonable business continuity.
In line with those measures, Solvay has made teleworking mandatory for all employees who can effectively work from home.
In regards to industrial operations, all Solvay’s plants around the world are, to date, still operational; however, the Group has established rigorous health and safety restrictions, especially in the most affected areas. In particular:
- Our plants have put in place robust continuity plans, which include health education, hygienic practices and stringent epidemic prevention measures;
- In areas which have been particularly impacted by the virus, Solvay has restricted access to its plants. Only individuals whose presence is critical to operations are permitted on site, and their health is regularly monitored;
- Our supply chain teams are working with freight suppliers to secure availability of transport;
- Both broad and targeted communications are carried out within Solvay to increase awareness, discipline for personal protection and early reporting of suspicious symptoms;
- Where employees cannot work effectively from home, strong measures have been taken to observe social distancing and large gatherings are strictly forbidden;
- Additionally, many of our sites have doctors and medical advisors who are available to guide Solvay employees and address questions.
While Solvay continues to operate its facilities around the world, it is too early to predict the full impact of the COVID-19 crisis on Solvay’s business.
Nevertheless, at Solvay we remain fully committed to keeping our employees, customers, communities and broader stakeholders informed on the Group’s developments related to this crisis — as well as offering our promise to continue making health and safety our number one priority during these challenging circumstances.”
PCE NEEDS YOU
PCE needs your support to continue activities and to improve services. Therefore, please finance PCE by paying your participation to PayPal account below. It is not necessary to be registered on PayPal to use this service. Thanks in advance!
Note to readers:
- Please follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter and subscribe to our website and receive notifications of new posts by email.
- Please click the share buttons below and make a comment.