Redispersible polymer powders product line to help drive growth of VAE emulsions business as part of Celanese acetyls derivatization strategy
Celanese Corporation (NYSE: CE), a global chemical and specialty materials company, today announced it has completed the acquisition of Nouryon’s redispersible polymer powders business offered under the Elotex® brand.
With the completion of the acquisition – having cleared all necessary closing conditions, regulatory and works council requirements – Celanese takes ownership of Nouryon’s global production facilities for redispersible polymer powders across Europe and Asia, all products under the Elotex® portfolio, and all customer agreements, technology and commercial facilities globally.
Celanese will integrate the Elotex® product portfolio and production facilities into its global vinyl acetate ethylene (VAE) emulsions business to further meet global product demand. Elotex® has production facilities in these locations:
- Frankfurt, Germany*
- Geleen, Netherlands*
- Moosleerau, Switzerland
- Shanghai, China
(*Elotex® manufacturing facilities in Frankfurt and Geleen are co-located and operationally integrated with Celanese emulsions assets at these locations. Elotex® R&D and Technical Services functions are located in Sempach, Switzerland.)
Elotex® is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of redispersible polymer powders for growing applications including:
- self-leveling flooring and wall texturing smoothing/painting
- exterior thermal insulation composite systems (ETICS) which provide exterior walls with an insulated and waterproof surface, applied as a topcoat by trowel or spraying
- cement tile adhesives and grouts for floor and wall tiles, mosaic and flat natural stone on dimensionally stable sub floors
- gypsum plaster and joint fillers, polymer binding systems, and cement and time-based renders
Celanese announced its intent to acquire Elotex® on January 30. Financial details of the acquisition will be reported as part of the company’s regular quarterly financial disclosure.
Note to readers:
- Please follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter and subscribe to our website and receive notifications of new posts by email.
- Please click the share buttons below and make a comment.