- Enhanced resistance to discoloration from chemical staining and ultra-violet light
- Long-lasting attractive appearance for heavy-duty environments in the food and beverage industries
- Extended range of stable colors, including pastel shades
The innovative color-stable Ucrete CS flooring system from Master Builders Solutions® is being launched across Europe in the first half of 2020. Ucrete CS builds on 50 years of excellence in heavy-duty industrial flooring. ‘CS’ stands for ‘color stable’ and describes the system’s new benefit: enhanced color stability. This feature is achieved by advanced UV stability, reducing yellowing, even if the floor is exposed to intensive UV light for many years. In addition, the discoloration of the surface due to chemical stress is minimized. Thanks to the system’s advanced color stability, Ucrete CS sets the new benchmark for esthetic requirements in highly challenging environments, especially in the food and beverage sector.
Andrew Tasker, Head of Global Strategic Marketing, Performance Flooring at Master Builders Solutions, explains: “Many Ucrete floors are still in service after several decades in the harshest environments, demonstrating their long-term performance and lowering the cost of ownership. Our innovative Ucrete CS system not only convinces in terms of sustainability and cost efficiency, it also represents a real step change for our customers’ esthetic expectations, reducing chemical staining with no color change from UV light. Visually appealing floors are in great demand in the market, but also very difficult to achieve in challenging environments, like in the food processing industry. Despite the focus on the enhanced esthetics of Ucrete CS, there are no changes regarding the outstanding performance that Ucrete has brought for many decades.” Tasker emphasizes: “For us at Master Builders Solutions, it is very important not to compromise on the functionality and performance of our products.”
Consequently, all the valuable performance characteristics that have made Ucrete flooring the market leader for aggressive processing areas are retained, including:
– Chemical resistance (including organic and inorganic acids)
– Temperature resistance
– Impact resistance
– Anti-slip resistance
– Minimized downtime during application
Ucrete CS is the clear choice where a high-performance, durable, low-maintenance floor with long-lasting enhanced esthetics is required. For the food and beverage sector – including dairies, breweries and soft drink production – but also pharmaceuticals and chemicals, Ucrete CS is ideally suited.
Ucrete – heavy-duty flooring innovations for more than 50 years
From the start, innovation has been one of the most important key drivers in the development of all Ucrete systems. Significant investment in research and development has allowed it to reach many milestones during the last 50 years, such as:
- 1982: The first antistatic hygienic terrazzo floor for the pharmaceutical industry;
- 1993: The first flow-applied heavy-duty screed with thermal shock resistance for ergonomic application;
- 2003: The first systems with specifiable slip-resistance profiles – the key safety requirement for the food and beverage industry;
- 2011: The first non-tainting, rapid-curing systems to minimize downtime, even at cold temperatures;
- 2018: Monolithic, thermal-shock-resistant antistatic flooring.
The innovative Ucrete CS system represents another important milestone in Ucrete’s history. With its color stability Ucrete CS is attractive, highly durable, hygienic and safe.
Note to readers:
- Please follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter and subscribe to our website and receive notifications of new posts by email.
- Please click the share buttons below and make a comment.