- New capacities focus on producing high-quality products with advanced manufacturing technologies
- Expansion provides additional support to growing markets in Asia Pacific, including applications in coatings, adhesives, printing and packaging
- Shortened delivery distance and time offer more flexibility to customers and reduces carbon footprint
BASF has increased its production capacity for advanced additives at its wholly-owned site in Nanjing, China. The new asset with state-of-the-art technologies will allow BASF to produce high molecular weight dispersing agents, slip and leveling agents and other additives locally for Asian markets.
“The demand for additives in Asia Pacific is growing fast. It is important to have advanced production facilities in the region to support this development. Our investments in Asia Pacific will continue to strengthen our technical capabilities to better support our customers and grow with them together,” said Dr. Claus Dallner, Vice President of Global Business Management Performance & Formulation Additives, BASF.
“This expansion demonstrates our swift response to the growing market demand. Our customers will benefit from our enhanced local presence, operational efficiency and supply reliability,” said Dr. Stephan Kothrade, President and Chairman Greater China, BASF.
Strategically located in the logistic hub, this new facility will enable BASF to serve customers across end-use industries, including coatings, adhesives, printings, and composites. Along with shortened delivery time, this expansion will also help customers and suppliers reduce carbon emissions and ease logistics arrangements. BASF values sustainability and therefore implements the most advanced automation and state-of-the-art technologies for operational efficiency and safety enhancement. The BASF Nanjing site has been in operation since 2013, producing additives for customers across Asia. It is a zero liquid discharge site which produces off-gas emissions that comply with increasingly stringent environmental regulations in China.
YOUR SUPPORT IS CRITICAL TO KEEP PCE ALIVE
WITHOUT YOU, THERE CAN BE NO PCE.
Note to readers:
- Please follow us on LinkedIn ,Twitter and YouTube and subscribe to our website and receive notifications of new posts by email.
- Please click the share buttons below and make a comment.