- Less biocide is needed for the same performance
- More controlled release of biocide
- Easy incorporation and low thickening effect
EVONIK INTRODUCES A NEW STRUCTURE MODIFIED SILICA TYPE FROM THE AEROSIL® PRODUCT GROUP.
VP 4200 is a new structure modified silica type with free OH-groups that enables formulating more ecofriendly, cuprous oxide containing Anti-Fouling coatings.
It is tailor made for both CDP and SPC coatings. (CDP = Controlled Depletion Polymer; SPC = Self-Polishing Coating).
VP 4200 forms a complex with Cu2O and is thus better able to control the release of the biocide.
Formulations with only 10 pbw% cuprous oxide and 4 -6 pbw% VP 4200 leads to the same performance as the standard type with up to 50 pbw% Cu2O.
VP 4200 has a relatively low thickening effect, so higher amounts can easily be incorporated into the systems, especially in combination with TEGO® Dispers 1010.
VP 4200 belongs to Evonik’s product line of silica-based AEROSIL® types.
YOUR SUPPORT IS CRITICAL TO KEEP PCE ALIVE
WITHOUT YOU, THERE CAN BE NO PCE. The aim of PCE is to provide you all information about Paints and Coatings Industry. Even the smallest amount of support is hugely appreciated. It is not necessary to be registered on PayPal to use this service. Thanks in advance!
Note to readers:
- Please follow us on LinkedIn ,Twitter and YouTube and subscribe to our website and receive notifications of new posts by email.
- Please click the share buttons below and make a comment.