Arkema recently introduced ENCOR® 2793 functionalized pure acrylic binder, a new formulation dedicated to multiple substrate primers and renovation paints. It is formulated without alkylphenolethoxylates and is formaldehyde releaser free.
“Many formulators have come to expect paints and primers to come with compromises, such as inferior adhesion or coverage attributes,” Clément Bazin, Development & Innovation Manager with Arkema, explained. “ENCOR® 2793 pure acrylic enables the formulation of premium quality paints that offer consistent adhesion as well as stain and tannin blocking performance across virtually every common building material.”
ENCOR® 2793 pure acrylic has an excellent adhesion profile on wood, concrete, ceramic, plastics and many others. It is easy to formulate. This allows a broad range of application, such as multi-substrate primer, wall paints, wood lacquers, stain and tannin blocking primer or two coats renovation paints.
Specific benefits include:
- Outstanding stain-blocking (tannins, nicotine, household stains, humidity stains…)
- Excellent multi-substrates adhesion (wood, concrete, ceramic, plastics, copper, etc.)
- Effective as knot blocking / sealing primer or two coat systems
- Easy to formulate with conventional waterborne additives
- Good stain resistance / easy to clean and water resistance
YOUR SUPPORT IS CRITICAL TO KEEP PCE ALIVE
WITHOUT YOU, THERE CAN BE NO PCE. The aim of PCE is to provide you all information about Paints and Coatings Industry. Even the smallest amount of support is hugely appreciated. It is not necessary to be registered on PayPal to use this service. Thanks in advance!
Note to readers:
- Please follow us on LinkedIn ,Twitter and YouTube and subscribe to our website and receive notifications of new posts by email.
- Please click the share buttons below and make a comment.