Shepherd Color announces the launch of their new specialty Cobalt Aluminate Blue 20G599. This new red-shade blue has the highest red (a*) value and bluest (-b*) masstone values for the maximum chromaticity possible compared to other blue pigments when matching colors. With a large leap in color performance, Max Chroma Blue is a C.I. Pigment Blue 28 with world-wide registrations and a broad range of regulatory approvals.
In naming this new blue, what stood out was its chromaticity maximum value; hence ‘Max-Chroma’ or MC Blue was born. MC are also the initials of the Shepherd Color R&D Chemist, Dr. Matt Comstock, who developed the product.
Anticipated uses for Max Chroma Blue 20G599 are high-performance coatings such as coil & extrusion, automotive, industrial, architectural, powder and other coatings. It can also be used in plastics and engineering polymers, and gel coatings. Additional characteristics include:
- Redder than comparable products
- More chromatic masstone color
- High temperature stability
- Compatible with special effect pigments
- Excellent inherent durability for exterior applications
This new pigment is an example of Shepherd Color’s R&D expertise and decades of developing and optimizing cobalt blue pigments for the plastic and coating industries.
Shepherd Color has over 90 years of experience developing, optimizing, and manufacturing an extraordinary range of complex inorganic color pigments. This pigment addition adds to their extensive color options in the blue color space.
BUY US A COFFEE
Source: Shepherd Color
Note to readers:
- Please follow us on LinkedIn ,Twitter and YouTube and subscribe to our website and receive notifications of new posts by email.
- Please click the share buttons below and make a comment.