Classic PTFE-based wax additives possess special properties that other materials do not have – they offer outstanding scratch and abrasion resistance in a whole range of areas of application. For some time now, however, the use of PTFE has been viewed increasingly critically at a global level.
Because of this, BYK has developed PTFE-free wax additives that not only are safe to apply, but that also ensure outstanding application results:
On account of their special formulation, when compared with standard additives, these additives display comparable mechanical properties in terms of scratch and abrasion resistance and of surface slip. Added to which – due to their fine particle size distribution – they are ideal for use in clearcoats and systems with low film thickness. In aqueous systems containing cosolvents, it is possible to achieve a matting effect.
All three micronized wax additives are suitable for aqueous, solvent-borne, solvent-free, and UV coating systems, yet they also differ from each other in their areas of application:
- CERAFLOUR 1050 is especially recommended for clearcoats.
- CERAFLOUR 1051 displays the best of results in a wide range of application areas.
- CERAFLOUR 1052 is suitable for systems with low COF requirements.
BUY US A COFFEE
Note to readers:
- Please follow us on LinkedIn ,Twitter and YouTube and subscribe to our website and receive notifications of new posts by email.
- Please click the share buttons below and make a comment.