- New “Home of Polyurethanes” for Middle East and Africa will deliver first class technical service
- Laboratory and center of excellence strengthens Evonik’s position to unlock region’s huge growth potential
- Latest investment boosts new product development and is central to business line’s new digitalization initiativess
Evonik has strengthened its technical service capabilities for Turkey and the entire Middle East, and African region with its new “Home of Polyurethanes” at its Istanbul site.
With its state-of-the-art equipment the new 500 square meter facility offers regional customers digital analysis methods for polyurethane (PU) foam applications, first-class technical service, and customized training opportunities. Evonik hopes the new center will help it to maximize the region’s high-growth potential PU markets by scaling up activities at the new regional hub more quickly.
“Our new ‘Home of Polyurethanes’ plays a key role in helping us trigger the development of several new product solutions locally,” said Ralph Marquardt, Head of Evonik’s PU additives business. “The new local technical capabilities put Istanbul right at the heart of our new digitalization initiative. With artificial intelligence, we are optimizing the production-line setting and thus the efficiency of slabstock foam machines.”
This latest investment highlights the growing importance of the region and Evonik’s continued emphasis on enhancing its technical service and product development capabilities, following the recent opening of its innovation center in Essen.
In addition to the innovation center in Essen, Evonik’s PU experts at the Istanbul site will focus on a wide range of physical tests of PU foam applications, as well as customized customer seminars and training courses – including Evonik’s well-known “PU Academy” series.
“We are delighted to welcome our customers and are convinced that the state-of-the-art equipment will enable us to offer the best possible technical and, going forward, digital service for the PU industry in the region,” said Selim Kubat, Business Director Turkey, Middle East and Northern Africa at Evonik.
BUY US A COFFEE
Note to readers:
- Please follow us on LinkedIn ,Twitter and YouTube and subscribe to our website and receive notifications of new posts by email.
- Please click the share buttons below and make a comment.