With POLYVEST® eCO, Evonik’s Coating & Adhesive Resins business line has launched a new range of sustainable liquid polybutadienes.
- ISCC certification proves reduction of up to 99.9% of fossil raw materials
- Thanks to exact same quality, no implementation effort for customers
- Application as raw material for adhesives and sealants or as a liquid rubber additive in tire production
With POLYVEST® eCO, Evonik’s Coating & Adhesive Resins business line has launched a new range of sustainable liquid polybutadienes. The use of sustainably produced butadiene in the manufacture of this innovative product line has been shown to reduce the use of fossil raw materials by up to 99.9%.
With the POLYVEST® eCO range, Evonik is meeting the needs of an increasingly sustainable market: “The demand for efficient and environmentally friendly products is constantly increasing,” explains Dr. Jürgen Herwig, who is responsible for the POLYVEST® business together with his team. “With the development of POLYVEST® eCO, we are supporting the transition to a circular and bioeconomy.”
In their final form, the POLYVEST® eCO products have identical physiochemical properties to the fossil-based products. “The biggest advantage for our customers is that it is not necessary to adapt their existing formulations,” says Dr. Sara Liébana Viñas, Head of Technical Marketing for Reactive Sealants. “There is almost no easier way for our customers to reduce CO2 emissions.”
The POLYVEST® production facility in Marl had already received ISCC PLUS certifications at the beginning of the year. This means that they are certified on the basis of the mass balance approach. This ensures stringent sustainability principles such as social responsibility and high environmental standards.
POLYVEST® eCO is used as a raw material for adhesives and sealants in the automotive, electronics, and construction industries. In addition, it can be used as a rubber additive in tire production.
BUY US A COFFEE
Note to readers:
- Please follow us on LinkedIn ,Twitter and YouTube and subscribe to our website and receive notifications of new posts by email.
- Please click the share buttons below and make a comment.